Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Antenna

J

Jono

Ok i have just ripped out my old deck from my VS BERLINA and cut the wires leading into the deck (the ones i couldnt unclip). Now im wondering how to get my antenna working again it has no power with my new deck. :b:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
oh dear
cutting the wiring harness, was not a good idea :b:
you will need to replace the harness and get it connected to
your new head unit
or
go to a autosparkie with an interest in audio
who will make up a loom to connect the unit
to the BCM (which controls the antenna)
or
if you are wealthy
replace the whole lot ..so the headunit runs directly
to the antenna

J

Jason

do you mean your new deck doesnt have "power antena out" or anything?
if thats so, the only thing you can really do is find which wire trips the antena up/dwn relay, and hook it into the +12v with a switch inline for operation.
the power antena out just sends a low current to a relay that switches the motor, so if you can just run a wire off your power for stereo and into correct wire, via switch, instal this in a handy spot, should be great.

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Narrr to easy had the same prob

Your new deck should have a power ant wire on it or an amp power coming off it, just run it to the wire I said to and the ant should come up.

If not, just run a wire with 12v from the fuse panel with a switch on it to the wire I said and when you want to use the ant you flick it.

I have put a switch on mine as I like the look of the car with it down, and with my cd player the ant stays up even when a cd is on and don't need the ant, or when I go through a car wash so it don't get ripped off (not that I ever take it to one, wash by hand with a enjo glove and a watering can ever weekend)

J

Jono

wires and all wires

Sorry i was not very specific my deck does have a antenna wire. All my deck is wired up good works fine, its just i dont know what wire i use to link up to my deck antenna wire and im not sure what the small bundle of wires wraped to my stock deck (ones that lead straight into whit no clip, cut them and never used them for anything), but the normal wires that were (cliped in) i cut and joined to my other decks wirring harness all good but know antenna power.

J

Jason

id say the power ant wire was one of those you cut, because i dont think the standard audiovox hunit has a clip in antena out (?)....to find which ones which you could just strip the unused wires and touch them to a 12v source with ignition on - should trip the relay when you hit the pwr antena one and the antena should move.

i know this is a bit dodgy, maybe there's a wiring colour code chart somwhere?