Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric choke and other

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
hey guys. the wire connected to the auto matic choke is connected to some other whire that goes to the other side of the carbie and im not sure it is sopost to. i have up loaded some photos image 1 is the part i dont know witch has a wire coming off it and connects to the wire on the choke witch is image 2 and image 3 is where the wires have been taped or melted to geather or some thing!

thanks scott.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its the anti deiseling solinoid it shuts the fuel off when you turn the key off to stop the engine running on without it you wont idle without the gas pedal pressed down it shuts off the idle circuit in the carby should just have 12volt switched power from the ignition and it shouldnt be teed in the choke circuit wire but it should still work

budgieVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i got wireing diagram from the gregorys book.. all i will do is just get some new wire solder and heat shrink it and re crimp the connections with the new wire!.. maybe thats why my car is such a bitch to warm up.... thanks for the help guys

budgieVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i went down to the shops to grab some wire terminals and heat shrink, then when i actualy pulled the whole wire to the other side of the car to solder its and actual proper connection! i looked at the wireing diagram in the gregorys book but its to old to read... should i fix it or just re crimp it how it is??

heres a picture below.

i did find it in the gregorys book and im pretty sure they are connected to the ignition switch but why have 2 wires connecting togeather then 2 wires splitting off?? why not have on wire then split to 2 wires?

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
shared current maybe? why not cut the two wires off and stick your test light on them? you have a soldering iron in case it stops something else from working ;)

high voltage connections are difficult to make successfully and often 'f' up. sometimes a join here and there can help the amps run through the wire without destroying it, other than that i am out of ideas.

technology has come a long was in the last few years hey?

budgieVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah in the diagram its rite.. but the connection was so dodgy.. im pro at soldering i used to solder every day making laser and water jet cutting machines..

yes the old wireing diagrams are very hard to read lol..