Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric seat cover thingy :S

V

-VY LoVeR-

Hey guys

I have the VY Equipe with the driver side seat electric controls
The cover where the switches and levers are has somehow snapped and just sort of hangs down a bit.
The seat still works and everything it just looks hell dodgy and i dunno how to fix it :/
I tried using super glue but didn't seem to do much and driving the next day felt a bit lightheaded so im all out of ideas. Its two bits of plastics so any ideas would be great.
If you guys want i can chuck a photo up of it.

Cheers

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Same thing happened with mine,

Haven't bothered fixing it yet but what i'll have to do is remove the foaming and get to the broken peice of plastic that broke off the screw.

Too much time envolved for something that isn't really visible with the door open or closed.

But i'll certainly keep checking for what others say.

Cheers

V

-VY LoVeR-

Yeah ill chuck a photo up at some point so ppl know what im talking about

yeah its not really visible but when the door is open it does look really dodgy and i dont want it to completely break off.

there two snapped plastic bits, one you can get to easily and one inside the seat which is a bit fiddly to get to

if it stops raining tomoro ill give it another shot with some super glue and ill look to find some really strong adhesive. ill let you know how it goes

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Id say ud be best off just replacing that cover as far as i know there not that expensive & u wont have to worry bout bumping it & braking the glue again

V

-VY LoVeR-

yeah you could be right mate it does seem to be quite a fiddly job and i dnt even remember braking it the first time so it cant be that strong. ill have to find out if the cover is completely attached to the seat or if its simply a snap on and off job.

V

-VY LoVeR-

hey just took a photo of the damage just so everyones clear.
i tried with super glue for plastic but its not holding. from what i can see the panel just screws on and the wires are connected with just one simple plug.

Attachments

• SDC10526.jpg
    SDC10526.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,279

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
There's a screw that goes under that little round cap and pretty sure from memory if you take the seat out theres another screw that goes in from underneath

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
yeah mine has done that too, but not as bad

im just gonna find a replacement part as im too lazy to try suss out a good fix that i swont need to fiddle with later on

V

-VY LoVeR-

yeah i found the screws im gonna call up holden now ill let you know what they say

V

-VY LoVeR-

$42.35 to order the part and they reckon 50 bucks to install. i could screw in on at home