Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric steering - wandering

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Mine has improved significantly with new (quality) tyres and a wheel aligmment. It steers true. Even over the same roads it was slightly tramlining on with the worn tyres and old alignment. Incorrect and uneven tyre pressures also impact on this.
Was that with tyre pressures too high or too low?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Was that with tyre pressures too high or too low?
In my experience too low will result in poor turn in and overal handlng. Also increased tyre wear on the outer edges. Too high will handle better, but will be more prone to tramlining and wear on the centre of the tyre.
As others have said there is little to no play in the steering. It reacts fast too. Minor movements can be felt. I've found you have to be mindful of this and keep your hands steady at speed.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
In my experience too low will result in poor turn in and overal handlng. Also increased tyre wear on the outer edges. Too high will handle better, but will be more prone to tramlining and wear on the centre of the tyre.
As others have said there is little to no play in the steering. It reacts fast too. Minor movements can be felt. I've found you have to be mindful of this and keep your hands steady at speed.

A question not a comment - doesn't the car have adaptive steering?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
A question not a comment - doesn't the car have adaptive steering?
Not entirely sure what that is? It has tighter / faster steering in performance mode.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I am having the same problem with my Series 1 Redline. Even the "Missus" is complaining about it. Has only happened recently. Took it to a Dealer and the cannot find anything wrong with it. Wheel alignment and tyre pressures are correct. Tyre wear is even. I will be taking this up with GMH direct. Also seems to be less noticeable after the car warms up.

Tucky

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F GTS
Did anyone find a solution to this issue? Im Having the same experience on a HSV GTS with 60k on the clock.

Have completed the following
Changed all 4 tyres and new Rims.
Many Wheel Alignments.
Taken to the service dealer to check the steering rack, but they cant see anything wrong with it.

All have agreed that its doing it, just cant seem to find the cause.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
My 2013 Calis V was wandering. The Redline didn't at the start but is now becoming a real bitch now. I had a rental Evoke on the Gold Coast with 115K and it drove very nice but then again they had the high profile povo wheels on it.

Tucky

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F GTS
Update: After arguing with Holden, they agreed to install a new rack under warranty, So far (touch wood...) the car is back to normal.