Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Sunroof Maintenance

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
I've been reading about sunroof maintenance on the web and one of the recommendations is to use WD-40 to lubricated the tracking rails.

What type of grease do you use to maintain the sunroof apart from the use of WD-40?

Apart from keeping the sunroof clean and ensuring nothing is blocking the drainage holes what else should be done?

I'm mainly interested in knowing about maintenance for electric sunroofs, in particular three way electric sunroofs.

Cheers.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
White Lithium grease is 1000 times better for sunroof lube than what WD40 is. There isn't much else you can really do besides keeping everything clean and lubricated.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
yes i read you're meant to use white lithium grease instead of WD40/silicon spray etc so that's all i've every used on both cars i've had with sunroofs.

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
I also read that too, apparently WD-40 is good for sunroofs that get stuck. Do you just apply it along the tracks and tilt mechanism? Should the tracks be cleaned before applying grease. Thanks for your help!