Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Supercharger in VL

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
Hey!!! Has any one installed an Electric Supercharger (from www.force-flow.com) on a VL? As I'm wondering if it is worth it for the extra performance. I've not to put in a Cold Air Intake now and I do not intend to bore a hole in me car. Or has one out there installed one on their commodore or heard any reports about them.

Thanks.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
All I've heard is that they are not worth buying. Who knows, I'm not sure if anyone off here has actually bought one to see how well it goes..

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
someone said they were going to do it a while back but there was never a follow up on it. i haven't actually seen one fitted so who knows. gonna look at the site for more info and get back to ya. i'm a 3rd year mechanical engineering student so i'll see how the design is etc

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
well they are claiming about 2psi boost with a turbine speed of 27500rpm achieved in 0.2 sec. however the turbine is connected to the tps and will only start when you have wide open throttle (WOT). you would be looking at a small gain of about 10hp. if you then got a chip to take advantage of the extra air you could be getting 130kw out of your RB30 for about $600. not bad but i really don't like it only working when WOT cos how often do you floor it, i know i usually only use about 1/2 and then full when i want to give it a bit. depends how you drive and what you want i spose. i would probably rather a chip or cam

if you have the money it could be a bit of fun, just to be different. lots of people will probably laugh at you if you tell them you have one, they seem to have a bit of negativity surrounding them. at the end of the day its up to you and what you want.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah its a load of rubbish

from the site
operating voltage of 11.5 volts, where the motor draws 46 amps

the more amps you are pulling the harder the alternator is working, pullign more power from the motor, it probably does boots power but you could spend $349 better than that.

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
**** i didn't see that, thats a lot of current. just noticed the twin systems too, double the boost but double the amps too...not good

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
you would be best fabricating a bracket and a pulley, that allows you run a fan of the motors power.
that would need a bloody long belt tho, and be very hard to make up but i'm sure you would see good results with some gearing to make it spin at some ridiculous rpm like 70k