Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric window arms :(

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Who has had the elec window arms twist on them. i have which i replaced it yesterday an that oen too did the same thing now im thinkn on just going wind ups in thr front im over elec lol

cheers

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
does your window get jammed at the front of the window then tilt and totally screw up? there is a seal in the front runner that gets crossed up alot, happend when i had my winders in and also to my brother when he had his VR, i just completely took that seal out, works a treat now, little bit of a noisy scraping sound though.

this could be your problem coz if you replaced it and it did the same thing, it's either installed wrong or your seal is busted. hope this helps

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh iot tilts when when winding down an up, at 1st it goes down alrite untill about half way than goes down reaalllyyyyy slow an than makes a loud crack noise so im not game to wind it all the way but now when i do wind it down it tilts

cheerz

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Look at it a bit closer.
There are some white plastic bits that fit inside those slider rails inside the door.
They wear easily and cause the window to tilt a bit as well when they jamb up a bit.
You can pick these up from Holden very cheaply.
Also the metal in the outside bottom corner of the door where that bolt is to hold the channel, is very thin and when things are not flowing smooth this flexes alot to make it all worse.
Take the opertunity to replace those plastic slide things, then inspect the channel seal, then ensure the channels are adjusted properly.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
thanks for that i will do when i get some time lol. busy taken the leather out atm

cheers

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I always replace both bailey channels as a matter of course when replacing a window reg on these. theyre about $15 each

Cheers Rob

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
where do u get them from?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Holden my friend :)