Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric window conversion - only goes up or only goes down, not both

vt_grn_mchn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
hey guys, my vt previously had its windows converted to electric windows before i purchased it, the two front windows have been wired to the main switch, which controls them fine, they work all good, its the back windows im having problems with, i have taken the door panels off and tried to work out the problem, the motors both work fine when they get 12v they will go up or down depending whether the polarity is reversed or not, so i checked then whether the wiring is delivering 12v, and yes it is, 2 of the 3 cables are (im not sure what the 3rd is for) so i then tried connecting the pins to the switch, i can get the window to either go up or either go down but not both at the same time.. any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
if your motors work it has to be the switch. as long as your getting power to the back doors

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Dunno sounds dodgy to me I've done over ten electric window conversions and the rears I have NEVER had an issue with. I'd be interested to know if they have used factory door looms or done a dodgy conversion. You should be able to plug in factory door looms and the windows will work with the exception of the driver's you will need a relay if you have a MID BCM or a few wires cut and soldered at the BCM if yours is LOW. I see no reason as to why wires would be run direct from the switch....

vt_grn_mchn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
i thort that it could have been the switches so i got two more switches from the wreckers which had been tested and still the same problem, maybe im connecting the pins to the switch wrong ? i have tried quite a few combinations, but what im doing now seems to be the only one that is creating a circuit. i will checkout the bcm and door looms see what the go is with them. cheers guys

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Mate I'm happy to have a look at it but obviously I'd have to charge for my time. I've seen some pretty dodgy **** with wiring in my time lol

o2sle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Hey mate just wondering if you fixed the problem? I have the exact same problem