Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric window conversion parts

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
ohkay well i dont have abs, so does that mean i definately dont have the wiring harness for power windows, because i saw a plug in the wiring thats not plugged into anything, if its not for the switches any other ideas what its for?

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
okay took apart my console and there seems to be a plug with nothing going to it, around the mark of where the switches should be.. so im hoping that its for that, let me know if you saw the same thing

cheers

also that last picture is a picture of this other plug doing nothing, what would that be for?

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 372

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
thats not the plug for the power windows, if it was there the wiring would come out from that hole in the carpet in the first pic. i am sorry but you dont have the wiring for power windows mate

the plug in the last pic that comes out the side of your console is for the mobile phone hands free kit.

if you want power windows mate i would honestly sugest getting a auto elec to install it for you, trust me i had the same problem you have now with my old VT and i ended up getting a whole wiring loom out of another vt with power windows and stripped out just the wiring for the windows but it was a headache to do even for me and i have had a few years expierence with wiring up other cars

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh you definately sure about that? does the plug look obviously different to what this plug is for? If so what is this plug actually for then?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The plug for the window switches is about 2 inches wide and has about 8 or 10 wires.

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
i know this switch is out of a VY but the plug that goes into it is the same as the VT-VX

and is the same plug for the factory stereo in a VN-VP

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh cheers for your help.

ive rang up a few auto electricians, some dont do it, some do it, the two people ive rang that do it said they were looking at about 250-300ish but he wasnt sure he could do it, and another person said that lookin for about 550ish! i really think thats ridiculous does anybody know someone that can do it or at least tell me what i should do, because i am fairyl cluey on electrical as ive got a certificate in electrotechnology, i just dont want to f*** around with wires.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
ok ive never done this but i think all you will need is:

MID PCM (not BCM??? dont know.)
wiring in all doors,
main wiring loom,
regs in all doors
main switch block
rear switches

You know enough to do it yourself, just might be a bit time consuming.

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
for the body wiribg you could buy a body wiring loom out of a wreck with power windows and just strip the power window wiring out, or if you can get the power window wiring out of a VQ wich has a seperate wiring loom to the main loom and modify the plugs to fit your car (i have done this before and it does work).