Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric window conversion parts

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
ah kay, cheers guys
so if i got a body loom, is it pretty hard to work out which is the power window wires?
i may have to trace them and see on the wires i have now and the wires i have and compare the wires with the new loom?

xxaussiepridexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sv8
simple question does your car have ABS brakes?

if yes then under the the gear lever towards the back you should have a white rectangle plug that isnt pluged into anything that is the plug for the centre console switches for power windows. if that is there the rest of the wiring will be there just plug in the door looms and regulators and switches then go to holden and get a MID level BCM installed then its all done.

now if you dont have ABS brakes thats a bit harder you would probably be better off getting a pro to install the rest of the wiring from scratch for you

for some reason ABS and power windows came together as a option from factory so if you have ABS the wiring will be there for power windows except for the doors if you dont have ABS none of the wiring will be there.

now for the BCM
even if the wiring is there for the power windows doesnt mean that you would have a MID BCM installed from factory.

the only difference between the LOW and MID BCM is Power windows and electric aerial being an exec and if you dont have a electric aerial from factory and because you dont already have power windows you would only have a LOW BCM

just because u have abs doesnt mean u have the window loom mine has not got the loom

Kirbieb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon exec
Got to know instead of making a new thread if I have abs and an electric aerial does this mean I already have the mid level bcm

Edit: btw its a 2001 vx executive

Last edited:

xxaussiepridexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sv8
Not really I have a vy sv8 with no cruise or power windows but has abs and electric ariel and I still have a low bcm which is not compatible for power windows I also don't have the power window harness some are different but so I say have a look for it first before doing anything else