Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric window conversion parts

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
ive got the regulators and the wiring inside the door, i know i need the front and rear switches, what else do i need
im guessing its the four looms connecting to the main switch or module/relay
am i correct? im unsure

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You will need a MID level BCM and the loom for the main switch block if it is not already in place. Being an Executive it probably won't be.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I'm 99.9% sure that in my VX the wiring is there in the center console. Unscrew the two screws either side of your 12v cigarette lighter power plug and pull the console that surrounds the gearbox up and out and look for a cable with a plug. roundabouts where the power window switches are.

I would assume all the cars would come with the wiring and BCM ready for power windows to save time on production lines. If you have the wiring, your BCM should be fine too. You will need all 4 new door trims though because you will have holes where the winders were and you'll need holes in the back trims for the switches. Any door skins will do, you can swap the fabric insert from your existing trims onto it so it matches. Just make sure the skin covering is the same shade of black/grey

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
oh ive heard you dont need one
:S
You might already have a MID level BCM, but most execs have a LO level which doesn't allow for power windows. This is according to my Gregory's.

topzone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY & VU & Triumph TR6
I recently converted my VX exe to power windows the master plug was already in the center consul it had the low level BCM this would not allow the drivers window to operate - solution there are two wires that come off the r/f rocker switch they alternate between + & - to drive the window regulator up or down.I traced them to the drivers footwell where I cut them, joined and ran new wires directly to the regulator the only thing is the r/f window wont go down automatically like a factory one you have to hold the switch till its down - no issue realy ! I wouldnt even bother buying the door looms a bit of work threading new wires and your done.

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh great cheers
so would i need some wires that connect to the plug in the centre console that go to the rear and front regulators?
where do i locate this rocker switch?
so then i just need the switches and trims and ill be good?

topzone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY & VU & Triumph TR6
Hey Callum if you can use a volt meter I can help you, if not its best left to a professional cheers

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
simple question does your car have ABS brakes?

if yes then under the the gear lever towards the back you should have a white rectangle plug that isnt pluged into anything that is the plug for the centre console switches for power windows. if that is there the rest of the wiring will be there just plug in the door looms and regulators and switches then go to holden and get a MID level BCM installed then its all done.

now if you dont have ABS brakes thats a bit harder you would probably be better off getting a pro to install the rest of the wiring from scratch for you

for some reason ABS and power windows came together as a option from factory so if you have ABS the wiring will be there for power windows except for the doors if you dont have ABS none of the wiring will be there.

now for the BCM
even if the wiring is there for the power windows doesnt mean that you would have a MID BCM installed from factory.

the only difference between the LOW and MID BCM is Power windows and electric aerial being an exec and if you dont have a electric aerial from factory and because you dont already have power windows you would only have a LOW BCM

Last edited:

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i can use a multimeter, i almost have cert 3 in electrotechnology

im not sure if i have abs, but i have seen a white rectangle plug not plugged into anything, but it was a bit higher than the centre console just in front of the gearstick on the left, i may look a little lower when i get a bit more time as i just had a quick look.

can i use that method that topzone was talkin about? instead of getting a new bcm?

cheers for all ur input everyone, as i have no idea with this power window stuff