Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Window Regulator

JustCrusin09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic S2
A couple of weeks ago the electric window (front passenger side) on my VT Commodore packed it in. I decided to have a crack at fixing it myself. With guidance from this forum I've been able to get to the point where the regulator is installed.

I can't however work out how the regulator locks into the glass so that it moves it up and down.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Last edited:

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
you have the 4 arms with the little white plastic slider things on them you just put them into the slide things that are part of the window , ... i sure hope someone with the gift of explaining things can come help you better ,

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
A couple of weeks ago the electric window (front passenger side) on my VT Commodore packed it in. I decided to have a crack at fixing it myself. With guidance from this forum I've been able to get to the point where the regulator is installed.

I can't however work out how the regulator locks into the glass so that it moves it up and down.

Any help would be most appreciated.
You have to make sure you have the window sliders in the tracks before you rivet the regulator into place. It is easier if the window is about half way up when doing this. The pivot plate (the small track thing) is done last.

JustCrusin09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic S2
I can see two tracks at the bottom of the window. Are there any others?

Can you tell me which arms go in which track?

Thanks.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
you can get new white nylon slides for about 4 bucks each its worth putting new ones in while your there

JustCrusin09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic S2
Thanks guys. With the aid of your responses (especially the photos) I've been able to complete installation of the the regulator. The power window works perfectly once again!

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
heh great, its a bit frustrating installing the sliders but its a relief when the job is all done isnt it , next time itll take a 1/4 of the time

iamtheman74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
My nylon sliders went today. Might be a stupid question, but where did you guys source the nylon sliders from? holden spare parts?