Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric window won't go up HELP

BrendanJWarner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem
I just bought a new VS and the electric window on the drivers side doesn't go up properly, It goes up but stops like 2 cm from the top and starts crunching and banging. It's really difficult considering its winter now and i don't have a window that can go all the way up. Could someone please let me know what the problem is. I am fairly sure its the regulator but i don't want to go out and spend $80 on a new one if i don't know for sure. Here's a video of my window and what's happening.

Vs window problem. - YouTube

sorry its so dark, it's 2am and i am frustrated!
please reply

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
That's a regulator, i think you'll find the last couple of teeth are shredded, it will only get worse, but for the time being, with the door open, close it tip it starts banging, then pull it up by hand. I did that for 6 months!

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

BrendanJWarner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem
you're a legend, thank you! i just needed to make sure. its so bad now it stops 4cm from the top. absolute worst!

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Wait until you've got to pull it up 1/3rd of the way! Problem is, when it's like that, you can pull the window down the same as you pull it up, so get it changed ASAP, Nd make sure you get a vs one. I got a second hand one from a holden wreckers, and turns out it wasn't vs, it was vt-vz, too far to take it back, so I had to mod the plug and the mountings in the door.

CONNOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
This happend to me a few weeks back auto electrics replaced the motor - cost was $115

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Do it your self for the price of the regulator and 4 nuts and bolts! Pretty straight forward too

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Do it your self for the price of the regulator and 4 nuts and bolts! Pretty straight forward too

I to have a window problem, my rear left window won't go up and this is the first time I've had any problem with any of the windows. This regular you speak of is it located insude the door.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Yes it is, it's the mechanism that moves the window up and down, it's bolted to the inner door and and holds the glass in place.

HK69PREM

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Stock Berlina Series II
Howdy. I also have this issue ;(

My VS Drivers window isn't going up at all and the Right Hand passenger window won't go down.

Am I possibly looking at the centre console switch unit for solutions? Or is it most likely the Regulator?

Any help would be appreciated.. Cheers

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
Most likely a wiring problem. I had an issue with those two windows as well, at different times. I got my driver's window up by using a putty knife to bridge the wires, then got a replacement switch. The rear window was another matter entirely - the cable that pulls the window up and down had frayed so was jamming in the motor. I fixed that by cutting the cable, putting the window up with the switch, disconnecting the switch and convincing myself that I didn't need to put it down ever again anyway. That was about 2 years ago, I'll change it out completely if/when I get sick of my kids complaining about the heat in the back.