Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical Gremlin in VY Wagon

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
When exiting the car all the electrical stuff used to turn off when you opened the door but now everything stays on and I have to turn off everything manually. When I say everything I mean the radio, lights etc. Has anyone else had this problem or know what might be causing it. I have a thought that maybe the door switch is knackered but I haven't got around to checking it yet.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Well it is controlled via the BCM - - Have you tried to turn off accessory control via door in your menu?

You may have to to the basic test's before continuing with the thread ;)

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
how do I do this accessory control in the menu. I have no books for this car as it is a company car

jesse3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I mays well mention my electrical gremlin, being same subject and all....

Happens to the steering wheel controls occasionally, they go whacky and pretty much do opposite of what there meant to do, lasts anywhere between couple hours or days lol

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers

jesse3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
how do I do this accessory control in the menu. I have no books for this car as it is a company car

turn on your car and hold the menu button for 3 secs or the other button

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
jds.88, next time start a new topic. But basically with audio controls on steering wheel you'll find that the head unit controls them. Maybe reset? Or check the circitry on them. I know my headunit got confused at one stage, volume up turned volume up, but volume down also turned the volume up. I guess it was telling me "if its too loud your too old"! After i switched my car off and then on again started working properly.

As for this topic. If your interior light doesn't come on when you open the door then i'd say it's to do with your door switch. Just check that.