Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical Problems VE SV6 08 Ute

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
HI
Can anybody shed some light on VE electrical problems with my VE 08 SV6 Ute. While you are driving along all of a sudden the interior light comes on and you can't turn it off and the open door simble on the left hand side of the instrument panel stays on telling you your doors are open? but they are not. If you try to lock your car with the remote key the drivers door will not lock and then the car beeps 5 times and then the alarm goes off continuously till you try to open it manually. It takes 3 goes to manually lock the drivers side door and when it is locked manually it doesn't lock the hard tonnaue cover and the manual key won't lock it either ! All this only happens when driving in the rain.!!! When the rain stops 5-6 hours later everything goes back to normal. It is in at Holden warranty for the second time now and still waiting on the diagnois of the problem and o yes has a major oil leak either from the auto trans or the power steering I can't exactly see where it is coming from because of the under cover tray covering the problem. The oil what I can see is running either side of the front bumper bar and the engine cross member and getting into the drivers front inner wheel arch. The car has only done 5,000 klm. Any feed back on these two issues would be greatful I was told by a mechanic it could be the body control module on the electrical problem.
Mark:bang::bang:

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
VE SV6 oil leak update

I have just been informed that my 2008 VE ute with 5,000klm on the clock needs a new radiator. The auto pipes that go into the drivers side auto tank of the radiator are cracked around the tank p---ing out auto oil. can't get one till monday as none available in sydney. AS for electrical problem auto elect still working on it testing all circuits. till MONDAY!!!!

Last edited:

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Mate, can't be too hard to diagnose

One of the door switches and/or harness is either damaged or faulty.

The light coming on, the dash warning, and the 5 beeps all mean the same thing: a door is being signalled open.

The trigger for that is a switch in both the doors. The ute should be even easier to troubleshoot with only half the doors!

I had a similar issue with my ABS sensor: the harness runs OUTSIDE the vehicle and water was ingressing into a connector assembly.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
send it back to Holden and get them to fix it - thats what a warranty is for.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Like Tom said, it's probabaly something to do with a door switch.

Or, the software loadup has been made from a sedan base, so it's looking for the rear doors and not finding them and faulting that the door is open because it cant find any feedback from the sensor.

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Thanks fellas for your help
I will keep you updated on monday when hopefully they have fixed the problem.
Cheers

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Electical problems VE 08 SV6

The Actuator in the drivers door was replaced and water proof grease used for the connecting harness wires to stop moisture getting in. And as for the radiator being replaced. The auto pipes that go into the radiator tank were cracked around the fittings from factory, over tightening. All Fixed till I was driving home the motor overheated I stopped the car and rang the dealer. They told me to turn the heater on and the system would bleed itself and top it up with coolant. I did that and it is back to normal.It used 1 litre of coolant. The dealers Mechanic came around to my house personally to check the car for me, very happy with the after hours service. There is no bleeder valve for the 3.6 motor you just have to let it idle with the heater on till it bleeds itself and keep topping up the overflow tank. He told me that when the car has done 100,000 klms change the thermostate weather it needs it or not. You have to take off the top manifold to get to it and holden will charge you 4 hours labour for the job if they do it. The thermostate is at the back of the motor some mechanics take out the gear box to replace them!!! Taxis and hire cars are now getting the kays up and are now changing them, Good luck
Mark:bow: