Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrobug

vsdeath

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Sedan
Hi everyone

I have a bit of an electrical problem on my VS. I got the engine changed over and noticed when I picked up the car (I was a few hundred kms from the mechanic already) that the rear lights and the lights from the dash were not operational anymore. The stop lights works fine though. I noticed as well that the speed alert display is still backlighted but its not operational as well..

Another problem, maybe related to the first one: I noticed that when I sometimes leave the car parked, the back lights stays on (but dim) even if I took the key out.. So I have to unplug the battery when this occur to avoid loosing the charge over night.

So I'm thinking, there must be a cable or a fuse somewhere that might be buggy or kinked or maybe a harness but I don't have the electrical diagram in mind so if anyone knows well how the electrical network is operating on the VS and knows if there is something that may cause the dash and the rear lights to both go nonfunctional, drop me a line.

Thanks.

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
sounds like you have a bad earth connection check them all particularly to body they have probably forgotten to connect 1 or 2 of them