Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electronic antenna bent

azzaman59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
hey does anyone know how to fix a bent electronic antenna in a VZ Lumina? Whenever I turn my radio off the antenna does not go all the way down. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
aaron

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
depends how bent it is, my dads vx one was bent, so i bent it back to near straight(while it still on the car) and lifted the different sliding sections up to there full extent as they were jammed, and gave the antenna a clean with metho, then applied a coating of wd40 for lubrication. works good now, just turn off and on the radio a few times to get it free again
:w00t:

azzaman59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
nah i did that i tried bending it back but i cant. it is bent frm the bottom of the antenna and i know i'm gonna have to pull it out. i just dont know how to pull the antenna out and to replace it.
cheers

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
you undo the splash gaurd on the front left wheel to get to it... a new mast and rope cost 25 bucks from supercheap. easy job to do. had to do it about a month ago.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Yeh I left the radio on in the carwash and yeah bought a new one from holden.

Once you remove the inner guard unbolt the motor and disconnect the mast from the motor. Now plug it back in and turn the radio on and it will pump the spine out of the motor. Fit the metal sleeve off the old one onto the new one or it will wobble. Now feed the spine of the new one into the motor and turn the radio off. You may need to do this a few times for the motor to grab it and suck it in. Move it around as it has to line up. Once it grabs it fix the mast to the motor and put it all back and youre done ;)

azzaman59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
naf33n said:
you undo the splash gaurd on the front left wheel to get to it... a new mast and rope cost 25 bucks from supercheap. easy job to do. had to do it about a month ago.

ye i went to buy a new mast and rope from supercheap and they only had them all up to the VT only. They didnt have any mast and ropes for the VZ commodore. Would you know if the VT mast would be compatible with the VZ?
cheers

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
got mine on tuesday from supercheap to suit a VZ ask them to order 1 in