Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electronic Dizzy

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Hey every one just wonting to know were it is best to find a electronic dizzy from a blue 253 or 308, as i got a red 253 and i would like a electronic dizzy and not crapy pionts?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
If youve got any cash behind you go for an MSD electronic ignition kit (dizzy, 6al box and coil) so far I've not looked back. My 253 has heaps more in it and my pickup is so much better.

Other than that I would say the same as vkberlina, go for the vl dizzy. The other option is a bosch or MSD points conversion kit for your current dizzy.

Steve.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
slundy said:
If youve got any cash behind you go for an MSD electronic ignition kit (dizzy, 6al box and coil) so far I've not looked back. My 253 has heaps more in it and my pickup is so much better.

Other than that I would say the same as vkberlina, go for the vl dizzy. The other option is a bosch or MSD points conversion kit for your current dizzy.

Steve.

How much are the MSD dizzys,box and coil cost? Also thanks Scott for the price for how much the dizzys cost of the normal V8's.

Love some more imput from others.
Justin

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Hey every one long time no post into this section. Last weekend i got my self an electronic dizzy at a swap meet. Is cost me $150 the guy i got it from pulled it out of blue253 right in front of me so i no it is in good condition

Thanks for all the help
cheers justin