Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic oil pressure gauge

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
factory sensor does pressure which are also for warnings so u get the low warnings which are set to a table of rpm v min pressure threshold which is handy to increase if u ask your tuner so u get an early warning as the factory level is pretty low, also u get the oil starvation safety feature as some are enabled
So it's a 3 wire sensor? I just did two of these engines not more than a month ago but did not pay attention to the wire amounts of every sensor haha. I have some recollection it may have been a 3 wire right next to the 5 wire DOD connector. Am I right?

Edit or is it an old style resistance style pressure sensor? I don't think it's a good idea to use such an inaccurate method for ECU input in such a late model of car.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
So it's a 3 wire sensor? I just did two of these engines not more than a month ago but did not pay attention to the wire amounts of every sensor haha. I have some recollection it may have been a 3 wire right next to the 5 wire DOD connector. Am I right?

Edit or is it an old style resistance style pressure sensor? I don't think it's a good idea to use such an inaccurate method for ECU input in such a late model of car.
yea its a proper 3 wire pressure sensor think they use 5v referance style, yep at the back of manifold in a PITA location

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
yea its a proper 3 wire pressure sensor think they use 5v referance style, yep at the back of manifold in a PITA location
I mostly work on Jap and Euro cars. I'm here because I own VS/VR commordores I have little interest in modern alloy V8's. I've seen them pull head bolt threads which cant be heli coiled and all sorts of issue's I believe are related to the block shifting after seasoning.
I'm going to run my VS on carb as a daily 1 in 20 cops will know what a carb is. When I'm in mechanics uniform they'll leave me be.