Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic oil pressure gauge

Chookz103

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Wanting to fit electric oil pressure gauge to my VE Ute it’s a 6 litre
Can it be wired in with the current oil pressure unit or do I have to remove the original one and fit a tee piece and use both so the ecu recognises the old one

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I ran a remote filter (in a much easier to reach position) and ran the elec oil pressure sender from the remote mount also.
VR 355 sedan though

Chookz103

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
I ran a remote filter (in a much easier to reach position) and ran the elec oil pressure sender from the remote mount also.
VR 355 sedan though
Yeah thanks might be a bit hard to do but thanks for the information

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ecu needs the factory sensor, u would have to t-piece in or use the cooler fitting on the side u can get the thread adapters for them, or just get a scanner or some way to show/use the factory reading

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I love how far we have come, my 83 SL/E has oil pressure and voltage on the dash...

Chookz103

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
ecu needs the factory sensor, u would have to t-piece in or use the cooler fitting on the side u can get the thread adapters for them, or just get a scanner or some way to show/use the factory reading
Thanks for the information, sounds good

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I love how far we have come, my 83 SL/E has oil pressure and voltage on the dash...

And when people can no longer see / monitor those things, guess where average Joe turns too when something goes wrong.........the local stealership.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Why is that? Is it only for the oil light or does the car go into limp mode with no oil pressure? Oil light on is not a issue for "me" if I can see a pressure read out.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
And when people can no longer see / monitor those things, guess where average Joe turns too when something goes wrong.........the local stealership.
Honestly it's not an issue these days. I just did a trade course and sitting there when David was talking about common problems I realised we don't actually get many at work. We get general service work or old **** boxes with major failures most common problems are under warranty so go to the stealership. We service a lot of fleet cars for the government and don't get any issues, likely to be less now with more hybrids comming in.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Why is that? Is it only for the oil light or does the car go into limp mode with no oil pressure? Oil light on is not a issue for "me" if I can see a pressure read out.
factory sensor does pressure which are also for warnings so u get the low warnings which are set to a table of rpm v min pressure threshold which is handy to increase if u ask your tuner so u get an early warning as the factory level is pretty low, also u get the oil starvation safety feature as some are enabled