Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic park brake will not trigger (lock the vehicle in place) on a incline that has the end of car towards the less steep area.

UnstableRage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 V6 3.8 I Series 2
Car is a holden commodore vf sv6 2016 series II.
Have been having issues with electronic hand brake on inclines. It won't stay locked in place and wants to roll backwards however when it is on a decline there is no problem and on flat ground there is also no problem.
On a rare time it will work on an incline.
There are no error codes at all
Is there some sort of special trick to engaging it on an incline?
Any help would be appreciated because it is driving me crazy

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The VF uses an EPM control module which drives an electric motor that pulls on cables going to the rear brakes. These cables can stretch and cause the park brake to not fully engage. In older cars where it was a fully manual system, adjustment was easy and obvious but with EPB it requires a different process.

How to adjust the EPB is outlined in my post #3 (click this link) so I’d suggest you read it, then read the whole thread as it contains some more EPB issues that can occur.

An astute reader will also notice the link to the VF workshop manual within the above mentioned post #3, so as a VF owner it’s worth downloading that PDF as well ;)

UnstableRage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 V6 3.8 I Series 2
The VF uses an EPM control module which drives an electric motor that pulls on cables going to the rear brakes. These cables can stretch and cause the park brake to not fully engage. In older cars where it was a fully manual system, adjustment was easy and obvious but with EPB it requires a different process.

How to adjust the EPB is outlined in my post #3 (click this link) so I’d suggest you read it, then read the whole thread as it contains some more EPB issues that can occur.

An astute reader will also notice the link to the VF workshop manual within the above mentioned post #3, so as a VF owner it’s worth downloading that PDF as well ;)
alright thanks i will have a look at it.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition