Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronics

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Who here has stuffed around with electronic circuits in the day? Or of late?

I've got to make a circuit that detects Battery voltage between 10-14 volts from a 18v Source. I've got the window detector and I've got that no dramas.

My problem is that afterwards - if V is between 10-14V then I want a Green LED to be lit. If V is <10 or >14 I want a buzzer to sound.

So thats where my dilemma lies, the window detector spits out 2 wires for my line diagram, I want to put it into another comparator and seperate. But I just can't figure out how to wire it. I'm not quite sure on how to use the LED as the transistor effectively.

Help?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i've stuffed up a few circuit boards in my time

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
Making a lot of assumption here. Such as the output of your circuit can drive both high and low signals. Now assuming your window detector circuit does the following;

10 - 14V there is a high output from your circuit
<10 or >14V there is a low output from your circuit

You can use the output to turn on a LED by connecting a LED plus resistor from the output of your circuit to ground. The anode of the LED is connected to your output.

For the buzzer (assuming a low current piezo) you connect the positive of the buzzer to +12V and the negative of the buzzer to your output. Then when the output goes low it will turn on the buzzer.

A few more details of your circuit would help.

regards
Pete

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Pete your a champ, you've reminded me of some things I've been neglecting.

What more would you like to know about my circuit?

10-14 shoots at a high, outside shoots out a low, correct.

Low current piezo would be correct. I was previously trying to set it up with a nand gate and a series of inverters. but my brain isn't cooperating with me tonight.

if I bring an And gate in to combine the two high outputs to another high, and anything else a low output that lets me spit it out the way you described above I guess.

I had it sketched into Multisim before but it froze on me and I lost my circuit.

Oh well, back too it.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
you would use a parallel circuit with sets of led and resistors in series i would think. different value resistors would result in a different voltage drop across each different branch. im probably wrong but if it wasnt this late id help you out more.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'm having a stupid moment, I need to measure current at the output of a Comparator, what do I need?