Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eletric park brake

Hothousevys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
Has any one had their park brake fail? Mine did today. Car was left idling in the drive as I went into the house to grab something came back out and car Was 100m down the hill against the workshop wall. Now it is manual so it only had park brake on and it was definatley on when I hopped out (Red indicator light on and car didn't roll away when I first got out). Car is booked in with Holden to see what they can find. Needless to say rather pi$$ed.

Last edited:

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I have a early VF manual and no problems so far with mine. Please keep us updated on what they find out with your car.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
That sucks dude! Definitely be interested to see what they find...

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
That's not great. Much damage?

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I hope they can recreate the problem and assist with the repair, but they probably will deny liability.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
I dont have faith in these elec park brakes either, gimme the drift bar any day

Jay's Redline

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
That suck big time! keep us posted on the what they find?

I dont trust the electric hand brakes either, i've had to pull the lever a couple of times to get mine to actually turn on but thankfully hasnt failed like yours.

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
Yeah mine went in for a park brake fix on my 2013 auto redline ute, got in it after work released the hand brake and a light showing the red park symbol and a spanner icon above it was up on the cluster not quite as dramatic as yours my only concern was if the brake itself had released so I could drive home ( it had luckily ) so took it to the dealer the next day and from what they told me cause I live on a slight hill when applying the park brake the car slightly rolls forward and that supposedly caused an issue with the computer, which in turn can lead to it not applying the hand brake or it not releasing ( this was all coming from a holden service centre who didn't know what mylink was ) so not sure of this was any help, just my experience.