Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Elexctric window wiring for VX sedan and VU Ute

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi all,

need some info for a couple of my friends.
one has a VU ute and the other a VX sedan.
none of them has the wiring harness in it near the gear lever.
basically i need the pin out configuration for original wiring of the windows
ute (2 door wiring obvioulsy) and sedan (4 door wiring).

has anyone done this and if so how did you do it?
or has anyone got a wiring diagram for this??

Thanks in advance.

Dean

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
Is the plug actually located there, or is it a little bit further back?

Around three years ago (not long after I bought my '02 VX Exec - I bought it near new), I pulled apart the area around the gearstick to sort out an annoying squeeking sound.

Between the seats is that big storage unit "thing" - the thing with air vents attached at the back. I pulled the entire thing out, as well as the gearstick surrounds.

I found the little mobile phone wiring (left of the geastick), but underneath the big storage unit I found an electrical plug.

Is that for the electric windows?

One day I do plan to install electric windows into my Exec, but only if the wiring is already there...

- Gareth

calaiscruiser76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS STATESMAN - VK GROUP A/3 Replica (Project)
Do you know if the plug would be there for the VT Series 1???

Many Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Do you know if the plug would be there for the VT Series 1???

Many Thanks

The plug was there on my VT series 1 Acclaim. I just put electric windows in 2 weeks ago. I needed to buy the door looms though.

calaiscruiser76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS STATESMAN - VK GROUP A/3 Replica (Project)
The plug was there on my VT series 1 Acclaim. I just put electric windows in 2 weeks ago. I needed to buy the door looms though.

I lifted the shifter surround and could only see 2 yellow looms?? Do you think the little sucker may be hiding under there???

Thanks,:thumbsup:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's a big plug , mine was just sitting there, I didn't have to search for it. You can also check where the power window relays and fuse go, if you can see the connectors in there and they are not just empty holes, you should be wired up.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
im after a wiring diagram or pinouts too (for 4 door) because I want to hook my aftermarket electric window kit up to genuine switch pack.

My VX has the switch packs wiring harness (plug) there under the gear knob, not that it'll matter if Ive got the pins for the relay or not because I wont be using it, but I need pinouts or a wiring diagram so I can wire up the switchpack to my window kit so I dont have to use theres!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
im after a wiring diagram or pinouts too (for 4 door) because I want to hook my aftermarket electric window kit up to genuine switch pack.

My VX has the switch packs wiring harness (plug) there under the gear knob, not that it'll matter if Ive got the pins for the relay or not because I wont be using it, but I need pinouts or a wiring diagram so I can wire up the switchpack to my window kit so I dont have to use theres!

Why don't you use the existing relays and replace the door looms for ones for power windows and just hook them up to you new regulator motors? That way you BCM controls the windows.

mjm4676

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute, 94 Swift Cino
I will have a look on Monday at work and see if i can geta wiring diagram for both the 2 door and 4 door, then if i can post it i will, if not may have to email it.
Mick

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I will have a look on Monday at work and see if i can geta wiring diagram for both the 2 door and 4 door, then if i can post it i will, if not may have to email it.
Mick

its all good champ...my mate found someone who knew how to do it.