Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Elmaso's S1 VS Berlina

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Yay about time!!! Lol. Nice car love it, will be great to see how it will clean up!
Good luck with mate whats plans for it?

EDIT: You should have been blessed with live axle for your car lol. Pretty sure only calais and acclaims had IRS as standard, although it was optional on most models.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
yes, IRS is a pain in the ass, to get a wheel off i have to use 2 jacks, my 2 ton trolley so i can fit the 8 ton bottle jack under it lol, it only has 2 ceptors on it too haha been way to wet to get the others on!
i'm just gonna try some wreckers to see if i can find a bonnet the same colour, and just try to get some springs for it, so i can lower it a tad.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
yes, IRS is a pain in the ass, to get a wheel off i have to use 2 jacks, my 2 ton trolley so i can fit the 8 ton bottle jack under it lol, it only has 2 ceptors on it too haha been way to wet to get the others on!
i'm just gonna try some wreckers to see if i can find a bonnet the same colour, and just try to get some springs for it, so i can lower it a tad.

yeah lol, a lot smoother than live axle though.I still haven't got a camber kit in yet hahah. man just see if bumper master in south geelong will spray your bonnet and for how much he's really good.

i might be getting new springs soon so you can grab mine off me if you want. not happy with the height mine's at.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
yeah lol, a lot smoother than live axle though.I still haven't got a camber kit in yet hahah. man just see if bumper master in south geelong will spray your bonnet and for how much he's really good.

i might be getting new springs soon so you can grab mine off me if you want. not happy with the height mine's at.

haha cheers mate, if i get the bonnet repainted it will looks uneven, so i'll probably save for a re-spray

EDIT: is it a big pain in the ass fitting springs for IRS?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
na man piss easy you can do it in your drive way. rears that is. fronts just get a workshop to do it, JaxQuickfit on moorabool st in town - the best don't even think about going anywhere else. :thumbsup:

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
na man piss easy you can do it in your drive way. rears that is. fronts just get a workshop to do it, JaxQuickfit on moorabool st in town - the best don't even think about going anywhere else. :thumbsup:

thanks, i've heard the fronts can jump out at you when there being changed.
when i heard that i had a mental image of me getting smashed in the face by a spring. lol

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
okay UPDATE!!! sorta... its not that very good, but its an update any way...
just spent the last 40 minutes out side trying to debadge the bitch, and i still have 1 left!!! sure it'll take 10 minutes my arse!!!
pics:

SANY0137.jpg

SANY0139.jpg

Last edited:

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
haha, i thought the paint would have been buggered under the badge, im surprised.
i defiantly deserve a beer or 12 for that job.