Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Emission Engine Fault

Neva Ierace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have a 2007 VE Ute. An engine fault keeps coming up every time I start the engine. This was originally intermittent ( over a couple of years )and my mechanic would clear it for me. As it became more constant he tried to isolate the problem. All the computer would say is that it was an emission issue. Eventually he changed one of the catalytic converters. It did not solve the issue. He explained it could be many things and very difficult to pin point. He suggested taking it to Holden as they might have a more detailed read out. After 1.5hrs of diagnostic testing Holden service said the oil pressure switch was faulty. I had the switched changed by my mechanic but after 3 days the fault reappeared. I’m back at Holden again. They say it’s not the computer and they are also struggling to pin point the fault. Anyone else come across this issue?

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
do you have more details around what DTC's were presented when CEL comes on?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Holden and your mechanic should have the codes written/printed on the invoice/report some where.