Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Emissions Light - Captiva 2013 Series II Diesel

some_evil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva Series II
Hey all,

I have the Holden Captiva Series II Diesel and over the past month i have had the DPF emissions light turn on (seemingly random) and beep, the light will stay on for anywhere between 10min - 2hr. Every 15 min or so the beeps will repeat, but the light stays solid.

After a seemingly random amount of time the light seems to turn itself off, and other times it stays on until I turn the car off. Then when I go to drive it next there is no sign of the warning light.

Has anyone heard of this in the past? What was the resolution? The car is not due for its 90k service for another 2000km. I am wondering if I need to take it in early to get this checked out?

just so I havent confused you with my incorrect terminology, this is the light im looking at... http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/autoremap/dpf3.png

Cheers

Last edited:

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Sorry havent around the forum for ages so just saw this did you get it checked it out.?
The one on my 2011 SII normally stays on when the DPF needs cleaning so then I just take it down the freeway for a drive until it turns off. Mines never beeped though, mind you mine only has 31,000km on it.

some_evil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva Series II
Yeah I did a bit of research and found out it was actually normal (not sure why mine is audibly beeping and yours is not though).

I had been told long runs were good for cleaning it out, but what i did not realise was that it does not clean itself the entire time while travelling down freeway, its only while light is flashing and it beeps.

So basically, I was 250km into a 500km trip when the light came on, I freaked out, but now I understand it was just clogged up enough that it needed to clean itself at that point, and that is completely acceptable...

I am happy with this explanation, sourced from several websites! haha.

cheers