Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Enable Genuine Rear Park Assist Sensors?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
We have a HSV GXP Manual without rear sensors in rear bumper. Hooked up a rear bumper with genuine rear sensors and connected to the plug just above the rear battery?

Just wondering how to enable in the stereo system like my e1 r8? When you put gear into reverse and it will show the rear assist in the stereo screen?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
You most likely have the genuine dealer fitted kit and not the factory fitted rear sensor kit. You can tell simply by looking at the sensors, if they sit flush with the bumper (almost as though they're inside the bumper) they're factory fitted. If they stick out a little (maybe 2-3 mm they're dealer fitted kit)

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
You most likely have the genuine dealer fitted kit and not the factory fitted rear sensor kit. You can tell simply by looking at the sensors, if they sit flush with the bumper (almost as though they're inside the bumper) they're factory fitted. If they stick out a little (maybe 2-3 mm they're dealer fitted kit)

They pretty much sit flush / stick IN a little bit, so would say factory?

After looking around, I couldn't find any module anywhere. So now makes me wonder what loom have I plugged in to (The one above the battery, which seems to be connected to the tail lights / trailer)
This plug is the same place my e1 r8 sensors were plugged into (Don't have the e1 r8 anymore so I cannot strip back and compare).

Now Im confused even if I buy a module, where do I hook it up to, to connect to factory loom so that it works on my stereo screen.
icon_confused.gif

Last edited:

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Not sure what you have plugged into but I am pretty sure you will find the module lives under the rear parcel shelf, if you have a look under there you might find a harness to plug into or you may even have the module if you’re lucky

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Not sure what you have plugged into but I am pretty sure you will find the module lives under the rear parcel shelf, if you have a look under there you might find a harness to plug into or you may even have the module if you’re lucky