Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
1) Whether it's sealed or ported is up to you, it's going to come down to what suit's your listening preferences
2) Soundstream actually make a slot port enclosure, if your interested.> Ryda Car Audio - Soundstream SS-15 15" Slot Port Sub Box ($208.85) otherwise, most car audio places wil offer a pre-fabricated enclosure, whether it be sealed, or ported, if your not wanting to build your own
3)What do you mean by a design? Whether it's square, rectangular, circular, whatever, the design is up to you. Basically so long as it's the enclosure is the optimum size for the sub, then it dosen't really matter.

Last edited:

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Ported. The T5 is no SQ sub so I really can't think of an application to have this sub sealed.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
All right I have had a crack at it, but I'm tired and going to bed so if anyone sees any mistakes then correct me.

I worked on a 3 cubic foot box, all constructed with 1" MDF. With a slot port thats 1.5" wide, 13" high, at 35hz, which equals 10.654" length, which equals 0.2 cubic foot displacement including 1" MDF wall.

The Subwoofer specs say the 15" woofer has 0.14 cubic foot displacement.

So total displacement is 3 + 0.14 + 0.2 = 3.34 cubic feet.

A box that has outside dimensions of 36" x 15" x 15"= 3.3252 cubic feet, so given how tired I am will just have to do.

I have attached a diagram. It will be way out in the looks department because I designed it for a different box but the dimensions I changed and it will give you a general look of the box.

Attachments

• box design2.jpg
    box design2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 27,163

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just thinking a 3 cubic foot box is more of an SPL box. Maybe a 2.5 cubic foot box would be more suitable. The one I posted up should work but I wouldn't be pushing the sub all the time. Its a 1000wrms woofer so I would NOT put more than 1000wrms into it. Maybe even tune the amp for 900wrms.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
SPL FTW! He wants more DOOF DOOF! You don't buy a 1000rms 15" to enter SQ comps (Yes i know there are a couple of exceptions to this rule) :D

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Damn I totally forgot that this was for a 15" woofer, I'm so used to 12" woofers. Okay changing the height of the box changes the port size and the box size so let me work this out.