Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ENFOREMENT ORDER NOTICE, got fined n didnt know

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pack 5spd/ vs calais S1
Got letter in mail today, for (code 0793) Stopped in a no stopping area.
says the offence date was 19 sep 2010 around 1:12am.

fine is $119.00, i did not see anything on my window so i didnt know, and this letter is saying i owe $212.20 because of a Penalty reminder ntoice cost: $21.50, Unpaid Amount: $140.50, and a Lodgment Fee $46.60

This is the first im hearing about it, has anybody has this situation? and hasnt had to pay the penaltys?

and y the FU K they put it on your window when any drunk person or sumbody walking by can jst tak it off ,.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Are you sure this is a first reminder? I ask because you got the fine in September and the "second" notice in early January. I am not sure the time frame to pay the original fine, but even if it was a month, that would push it to mid October. I can't see them waiting another 10 weeks before posting a reminder.

The figures do not add up either. If the original fine was $119.00 if you add the notice and lodgement fees it doesn't = $212.50. I think maybe you have had a second reminder at some point between the fine and this letter.

I am not sure you will get out of it though, the time frame from the fine till now is too great

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Were you even in the area at the time ?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I had a fine that was around $180 and didn't know about it. Moved house twice in that time and one day I got pulled over by the police randomly and they did a check and said I had unpaid fines. I called them about it and they said the amount owing was somewhere around $800, close to a year and a half late paying it.

I asked what I could do about it and they said go to the court house and ask for a form 51, I went and got one and on the court date that I didn't have to attend they found my reason for payment unsatisfactory and made another date where I had to attend and be questioned by the judge.

About a month later I went to see the judge and got the fine reduced to the original amount plus a late fee of around $40 and they dismissed the other charges.

Not sure what state you are in but this was in SA.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
Got a fine in January 2006 in Victoria moved to QLD in feb 2006, moved back to vicroria in 2010 got pulled over in January received warrants from sheriff and over 1k of fines.

Last edited:

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Got a fine in January 2006 in Victoria moved to QLD in feb 2006, moved back to vicroria in 2010 got pulled over in January revived warrens from sheriff and over 1k of fines.

LOL Should of stayed in QLD :rofl:

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
it says that they posted a reminder but i never got that in the mail either :S:S:S:S
i did move house tho, but told the post office n all my main comes to the new address, i dunt see why i havnt gotten the reminder? first im hearing about it, i called them up they sending me out a form to dispute it.
Live in Vic by the way, fine was on king street.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Not sure about other states but you have 21 days to pay fines in NSW from the date it was posted, which will be on the top of the ticket.

Not sure how long they wait before they send a reminder though

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
hrm goverments way of making quick eazy money