Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine bay fumes leaking into the car...

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
hi there i have a problem of the fumes leaking into the car it can sometime almost burns ur eyes and give u a headache, i have a 2 barrel on a 202 with a open air filter, it differs from petrol smell to exhaust i have had the petrol pump tightened and its got a new gasket but the smell remains the pollution is still connected, how or could i stop the smells entering the car? would i need to get all new door/boot seals?

A9Xluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc/vh SLE
Wheel spin or stall.

G'day,
I run a warm 202 in my VC - VH i have just removed and replaced the top end as a result my engine wants to stall or simply create wheel spin it doesnt require a great deal of rpm to create loss of traction. my idle is set at around 1500 rpm any lower it will not idle. I have a sneaking suspicion that the cam is also a little too big for the set up i run ( as the car almost moves sideways during idle lol ).......any ideas ?

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WROTE THIS HERE .......

Last edited:

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Did You check all of your engine bay grommets ? what about the the seal around the shifter area ?

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
Did You check all of your engine bay grommets ? what about the the seal around the shifter area ?

thats wat im thinking too, my engine bay electrics gromet (the one near the pedles) is missing so at times i get a wiff of my engine bay. Especially when it was overheating alot at one point :bang:

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
also do you have speakers in the parshel shelf this could be it and a bad boot seal.