Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine cover

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ohh maybe how would i do that though just bought a cover off ebay so ill go pick it up tomorrow night so yes its actually happening lol

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
You would spray it all one colour. Then cover up the lines and spray the rest? :p Thats probably the easiest way. Or you could do it the other way around. Depends on what parts exactly your going to do the second colour! :p

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
thats what i was thinking but than i thought **** how would i cover those sections up and make them perfect YES perfect lol

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
You'll have to wait for it to be completly dry though. Depending on the paint this may take a day or two! Then i'd suggest going down to Bunnings and getting a soft 3M tape (the ones designed for walls and that arn't that sticky). They'll produce quite a nice line and be really easy to remove too! :)

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
did not think of that another good idea :)

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Do you have any other colour on/in your car other than white at the moment.. You could always go that one. A mate of mine has a White ute with the red stripe running along the sides and painted his white with the Holden Logo in Red. looks ok.... I intend to paint mine the same as the body of the car though which is Cosmo (you would probably like it Norti!)

Last edited:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Actually, that's not a bad idea, a Holden logo on the engine cover! Just would take quite a bit more work!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
whos the person with the sandy vag over my avatar? Next time report it to admin, rather than leave anon neg rep.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My Vx is black and i painted my engine cover metalic silver , Looks good .

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Do you have any other colour on/in your car other than white at the moment.. You could always go that one. A mate of mine has a White ute with the red stripe running along the sides and painted his white with the Holden Logo in Red. looks ok.... I intend to paint mine the same as the body of the car though which is Cosmo (you would probably like it Norti!)

Im the same, body colour FTW. & Yeah I like cosmo :p not quite as much as Morpheous thou :)

But give some serious thought to a nice blue, I know its been done to death, but thats because it works.