Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Cuts Out

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VX SS, White VQ 5ltr
Hi guys, the last few weeks when stoped at a corner and going slow out of a corner my engine cuts out and the steering and brakes go hard. The battery light comes on and the car wont start straight away. The cd player, air con and power windows still work. Its only since i had a Mafless tune. It only happens once a week. It pretty dangerous when cars are right up your arse and going across a intersection. The cars a VY SS.

Last edited:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
first thing, check you battery terminals, my car was playin up something shocking, found my terminals were loose and it was fine. if that fails, bring it back to the tuner as its not right.....

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Went back to the tuner today and he connected the laptop up and he couldnt find anything wrong. He said everything seems to be running fine. No errors came up, but he said it sounds like it is electrical.
On the way home from work it done it twice and i almost had a very bad accident with a truck.
Anyone else know what it could be.

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Signature Senator
Just because the tuner says it isnt related to something he did, if your car was fine before that Id still be on his case.

It could be anything causing it. There is more than likely some error codes. If the engine just stalls and wont restart straight away you can bet it has generated a log.

It could be a little glitch in his idling maps or anything.

I recon go to your local GM dealer and ask them to Tech II the codes for you then go to the tuner armed with this information.

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

The guy who tuned it wouldn't be lying about no codes.
I had the same problem and no codes showing up, crank angle sensor was changed and hasnt happened in probley 9 months.
Sensor would overheat and cause the car to stall.

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the help, how much is that to replace

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
probably is something to do with the tune, but first thing first man take the car off the road before you get injured.