Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Diagnostics - VX issue

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
No ...but my theory is it gets flagged every time the car stalled whilst in motion and in gear....
I ended up cleaning all the dfi module pins and sockets same with the cas, the car was fine up till it was rear ended and written off in late 2018

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Mine turned out to be the crank angle sensor code but had to update software to read the code. It's running again but I have a vibration in the car that seems to be getting worse and have exhausted all avenues trying to fix. Starting to wonder if it's the balancer. Funny thing i got rear ended start of 2019 and my old vx was written off.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I bought a genuine CAS to have as a spare over a decade ago and I've not had to ever replace a CAS on a V6 commodore since it's been on the shelf in my garage :)

I did the same, and its still sitting there.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
hehe Thanks Guys, I went out and got a CAS today.... and guess what? the car went without a hitch all day....
Im still not convinced its fixed...but will abide by Murphy's law If you have the part you wont need it ;)

Totally agree,
"If you have the part you wont need it"

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
I would suggest the issue is the DFI harness plug terminal tension if all other components have checked ok.

Very painfull time consuming job. whats needed is each and every wire terminal has to be checked and if terminal tension is loose, released/backed out of the DFI connector, the terminal contact VERY carefully pushed with a tiny small tool (needle/pin) so as it make proper contact with the DFI module terminal.

Though, even this may not completely rectify the issue as the terminal retention clips in the actual engine harness DFI plug could be worn from plugging and unplugging of this connector.

Ideally you need a new DFI harness connector pigtail.

They are still available.

Last edited: