Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine flush

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My area of specialty is in a field different to automotive. I am really effing good at it too. (I asked myself). I am looked to by colleagues for advice when things get tricky. I used to teach my trade.
I too can look at an MSDS (or SDS as they are called now) belonging to products that are used in my industry. I can easily recognise ingredients used in them. Have I been able to make them and have them work successfully? No. Has anyone of the highly skilled and educated colleagues here and interstate been able to? No. Some use household ingredients and people in my industry can ignorantly look at them and say, “don’t buy that, you can make it at home. It’s only xxxxxx”

Particular concentrations and mixtures are not able to be achieved without the use of a chemical lab and associated skills to operate said chemical lab. I can only assume the same of more complicated petrochemical products.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I am not here at your beckon call. Wait for the information. I am not your secretary.

If you want to be taken seriously fact based replies will help.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
You do not understand the basics. In the USA they call it Naptha. It is called kerosene in Australia. In Britain they call it paraffin. The CAS system is there to prevent ambiguity. It is a registry using numbers rather than names.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Totally agree but the name is irrelevant. We were talking about the composition of Liqui Moly Injector Cleaner and according to the published SDS it contains 6 ingredients and not just one as you say.

Now, this thread is about engine oil flush's. Keep the thread on topic or it will be cleaned and offending members will receive a warning.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think what is a smarter approach is to simply say, “I use this, and do things this way, and it’s always given me these results when using on these specific things”

I can look at a bottle of tomato sauce and say, it’s just tomatoes and these other ingredients. Don’t buy it, it’s easy to make yourself. Will it taste the same? No.

It might be a good task to set old mate on the YouTube’s “Project Farm”.
He is often looking for subjects on his engine experiments. Some good videos worth watching if you’ve never checked them out. He makes informed conclusions on products based on controlled, peer reviewed research.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Yeah im a fan of project farm. His posts would probably get deleted on this forum though

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah im a fan of project farm. His posts would probably get deleted on this forum though

Unlikely. Evidence bases, peer reviewed stuff is excellent but people who's only whole position is "because I said so" without backing up a statement with a shred of evidence is a different matter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Given the OP's, OP I think it may be too little too late. What I am gleaning from his OP is that he is seeing an oil light flicker. Chances are the sump and other cover parts need to come off because it is sounding like the sludge could be quite significant.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thread cleaned. Keep it on topic or you'll get a holiday.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute