Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine flush

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
hi everyone i have had some crud get in to my engine and i think that it is either blocking a port in the intake manifold, or keeping one of the valves open, what can i do to remove it ( preferably with out removing anything )

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
What do you think is in your engine, and where do you think it is?

A flush is normally refering to flushing the cooling system, but if its in your intake manifold or heads then a cooling system flush will do nothing. Depending on what it is, and where it is I dare say your going to have to pull **** off to get to it. Oh and how did it get in there?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
define "crud".

for all values of "crud" where "crud" equals "bolt", disassemble engine and remove
for all values of "crud" where "crud" equals "my hat", rev hard and hope it goes away
for all values of "crud" where "crud" equals "iPod", just leave it, it's for the best.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
What do you think is in your engine, and where do you think it is?

A flush is normally refering to flushing the cooling system, but if its in your intake manifold or heads then a cooling system flush will do nothing. Depending on what it is, and where it is I dare say your going to have to pull **** off to get to it. Oh and how did it get in there?

there is also an engine oil flush treatment using mineral oils to brake down the "crud" in the oil galleries, sump and oil pump.
buy it at most places there are a few different brands.
add it to your current oil idle the engine for about 10-15 minutes dump your oil and remove the filter, replace with fresh oil and a new filter.

do not drive the vehicle or high rev the engine with the flush in.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
there is also an engine oil flush treatment using mineral oils to brake down the "crud" in the oil galleries, sump and oil pump.
buy it at most places there are a few different brands.
add it to your current oil idle the engine for about 10-15 minutes dump your oil and remove the filter, replace with fresh oil and a new filter.

do not drive the vehicle or high rev the engine with the flush in.

This will not remove large chunks of rubber non slip matting. If you cant get to it by taking the throttle body off it's take the manifold off and hope you can get to it without taking the head off.