Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine + Gearbox rebuild in western sydney

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
hey guys,

does anyone know of a good place in western sydney to take my VS S pack for an engine rebuild and gearbox rebuild. both are getting pretty dodgy so want them nice and new and running perfect before i start working on the car.

also can anyone give me some ball park figures on what its going to cost for each?

Thanks in advance

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I hears recently that a full standard rebuild of auto is $1350 TRADE PRICE !!. retail probably close to $2000. ouch. and if you can afford it its a good to time to get a shift kit installed if you plan on doing engine work.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
A rebuilt auto, you may as well get a done up one, will be somewhere in the $2k figure.

Not to sure on the engine, but a fully rebuilt stroker long block from COME is about $4k, so thats a ballparkish figure. But you will need to factor in quite a few other things, but they are specific to how far you want to go.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
LOL I wish that a C.O.M.E Stroker 4.2L cost $4000, try $10000. I sent them a mail and thats what they told me.

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
what about reconditioned prices or is that the same thing?

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I was going by their price list on their website, I thought it was a little cheap, It's probably out dated.