Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine hesitating to drop down a gear at 60kmH HELP..

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
hey my car is having troubles dropping gear 3 to 2 and probs 1 at 60km/h... It had an auto rebuild last November with a stage 2 shift kit added with a corvett servo. i dont know if its the transmissions fault or the engine.. it hesitates and jerks a bit.. but at 70 or 50km/h its great.. Also my car chewing fuel like a bitch glug... engine oil is fine and noo mess around the heads for leakage.. it used an 1/8 of a tank just to asply and back from redcliffe last night which is roughly 30-40ks and that was just nice cruising driving.. I think its running too lean.. any ways to fix that?

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
it would not be running to lean if its using too much fuel it will be running to rich. Have you given you TB and the air flow sensor a cleanout latley? How are the spark plugs and leads?

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
yer all clean inside.. and new sparkies and cables 3 months ago.. sparkies look still new, no carbon on em just a very fine white coating. at medium revs 3000-5000 there is a tapping noise coming from the rear of the engine.. anyone?