Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
  1. Just Commodores will be taken down on the 19/06/2018 @ 9PM ACST, expected downtime is ~30 minutes.

This addresses a recently found hardware issue.

Dismiss Notice

Engine Knock

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by BeastVS, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BeastVS

BeastVS New Member

Members Ride:
    VR 5L
    Ok i hope this is the right section, My brothers old VP developed a loud engine knock at about 125 thousand k's. My VS has like 108 Thousand K's on it and im just worried that my car may develope the same knock. So i was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to keep the engine good and knock free as i am extremly weird and hate alot of engine noise.

2. Jamie_87

Jamie_87 New Member

Members Ride:
    2003 BA XR6
    keep it regularly serviced(every5000km) and try not to thrash it,make sure all fluids are right and no leakage and just take care of it. I had that engine knock in my old vp too, but it had 280,000km(auto was nearly dead same as pwr steer,lol poor car dealer!) when i traded it and i thrashed the life outta it for the 50,000km i had it,lol, man things changed when i bought the VS!

3. Adzzaman

Adzzaman Powered By Buick

Members Ride:
    Commodore
    yeah what he said, but then again it could happen anytime so dont stress out too much.

4. hako

hako Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VS11 BT1 V6
    Any brand of any car can develop a knock at any time - Commodore VN to VS are no better or worse than any other make/brand. You worry - you buggerup.