Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Knock

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Ok i hope this is the right section, My brothers old VP developed a loud engine knock at about 125 thousand k's. My VS has like 108 Thousand K's on it and im just worried that my car may develope the same knock. So i was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to keep the engine good and knock free as i am extremly weird and hate alot of engine noise.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
keep it regularly serviced(every5000km) and try not to thrash it,make sure all fluids are right and no leakage and just take care of it. I had that engine knock in my old vp too, but it had 280,000km(auto was nearly dead same as pwr steer,lol poor car dealer!) when i traded it and i thrashed the life outta it for the 50,000km i had it,lol, man things changed when i bought the VS!

Adzzaman