Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ENGINE light, ABS light, TRAC OFF light AIRBAG light and OIL light

Lewy47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I have something similar on my VX SS including a nice little tune to go along with it. It doesn't stay on and is intermittent. It will normally take about 15mins before they go out again. I noticed the other day that the temp guage also stops working.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Rpm drops then picks up again, then the TRAC OFF light appears. Cant turn the trac control on or off after that until i turn the ignition off then back on again.

Have you by chance found out the problem?????

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
cheack the earth on battery
earth straps
and all grounds...
its the usual cause...

Lewy47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I replaced my ABS module with a re-furbished unit from a guy in Melbourne. All went back together ok. Most of the warning lights are now out. However the ABS and traction control lights are still. The traction control switch also does not work. What is going on? Do I need to get the fault cleared or is there yet something else I need to look for?

WBrasil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 2005
Same Problem

I replaced my ABS module with a re-furbished unit from a guy in Melbourne. All went back together ok. Most of the warning lights are now out. However the ABS and traction control lights are still. The traction control switch also does not work. What is going on? Do I need to get the fault cleared or is there yet something else I need to look for?

Hi, I'm from Brasil and a I also have the same problem as u. After I had replaced the wheel sensors and the ABS module, the ligth still there and the traction control still not working. Nobody here in Brasil knows how to fix the problem, in fact, noone knows what is causing this problem. I don't know what else to change in the car. If someone knows what could be causing this problem, send me a e-mail . pls!!!

cruizin

CRUIZIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV CLUBSPORT
i had my traction control light saying traction control off and the button didnt seem to do anything
but and also i had a problem with my lights on my car when i opened my car with central locking the left indicator flashes. but if i open the boot with the key then all the lights flash but no sound so i have no idea if my alarm is working or not i was told to get body control module so done that the lights still have problem but the traction control isnt doing it any more although holden told me the traction control isnt operated by the body control module so who knows
dont get me wrong i love my vt hsv its a 99 model but boy if i hadnt taken out extrended warranty when i bought this old girl i would be sure out of pocket .
so far on this girl since november i have replaced the radiator, starter motor.alternator, air cond compressor condensor tx5 valve, air cond complete hose, pulleys belts front seal diff cvs shafts and diff and for my own comfort i sold my leather coulson seats and bought cloth much nicer but still have a few issues with this car.. i sure bought a lemon. so much for the holden special vehicle ..

VX01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-01-SS
Hi there everyone, I have got a VX SS 2001 Sedan. PROBLEM is firstly ABS warning light comes on then a few seconds later all others (Trac ON/OFF, Engine, Oil - like a bloodly christmas tree lights!) Then after checking all engine stuff - eg, oil,fliuds & belts still same thing. After driving for about 15-20 mins the lights all turn off (back to normal) but then repeat - ABS first, then every other warning comes back on after about another 15 mins. So is there any new information on this problem??? Or is it the ABS module problem and no real fix.

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Most likely the abs module starting to play up. To test disconnect the abs connector in the engine bay and all lights apart from the traction and abs should turn off.