Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light and hold light

Gazza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
TK 2006 Barina
Hi I have a TK 2006 Barina I bought it for my daughter I put a new reco engine in had the ECU fixed and Body control module fixed. The engine light and hold comes on around 35klm-40klm
Goes into a limp mode won’t change from 3rd to 4th can clear the fault with scan tool while driving and changes to forth. Took it to Holden they say it’s coming up as right hand abs speed sensor have replaced sensor and cleaned all others still getting same issue any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
What sort of codes are you getting?
How many kilometres?

All in all, I think you should get rid of this car after you fix this issue, as these TK Barina's are very nasty, unreliable and are very unsafe if the unthinkable was to happen... Rebadged Daewoo's like this was a reason for Holden's demise...

Gazza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
TK 2006 Barina
What sort of codes are you getting?
How many kilometres?

All in all, I think you should get rid of this car after you fix this issue, as these TK Barina's are very nasty, unreliable and are very unsafe if the unthinkable was to happen... Rebadged Daewoo's like this was a reason for Holden's demise...
Hi 199k it comes up with Po300 multiple misfire. Had a snap on scan tool say it’s abs speed sensor. Holden also said it’s a abs speed sensor right hand. I think it’s leading me down the wrong path??

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hi 199k it comes up with Po300 multiple misfire. Had a snap on scan tool say it’s abs speed sensor. Holden also said it’s a abs speed sensor right hand. I think it’s leading me down the wrong path??
Po300 information:

https://www.kbb.com/obd-ii/p0300/

I'd start with the spark plugs, injectors, filters, etc and make sure they're clean... Also check the battery to make sure it's holding its charge, though it's unlikely to be the culprit but it's an easy step...

Gazza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
TK 2006 Barina
Po300 information:

https://www.kbb.com/obd-ii/p0300/

I'd start with the spark plugs, injectors, filters, etc and make sure they're clean... Also check the battery to make sure it's holding its charge, though it's unlikely to be the culprit but it's an easy step...
Going to replace leads tomorrow it has new spark plugs new battery filters have all been replaced injectors test fine