Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light coming on

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
What did you do with the air temperature sensor that plugs into the original airbox? (not a trick question)

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
or, take the pod filter off, put factory airbox back in and get a k&n panel filter

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The sensor Hako mentions needs to be in the airbox for the ECU to work properly.Otherwise you will end up with ECU errors which makes the engine light come on.Also the engine will not be running at its best while its like this,so the benefit ,(if any),from the pod will be lost.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hook it up and mount the sensor near where the air filter or pod is.It needs to get a temperature reading similar to the temperature of the air going into the engine.That way the ECU can work properly by receiving the proper air temperatures from the sensor.

odysseyesm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 BT1
+1 on the sensor...

The engine light will come on and then it'll start giving you heaps of grief.

Mine started to miss and gradually got worse to the point where it would practically stop completely.
The mechanic told me that the resulting error code would need to be removed by a computer in the OBD/diagnostic port or else it may keep re-occuring - the miss that is.
I'm not sure on that point, I disconnected the battery for about 20mins to try and wipe the computer memeory and then re-connected and haven't had the problem since... touchwood.