Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light flashing / ESP off / Miss firing / Rough Idle

Fahad

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS
No OTR, no tune all stock.

Chappy's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
So, started my SS this morning and straight away found that estability control off followed with the engine light on, a few seconds later the engine light started flashing with the engine running very rough. I switched it off and started again same thing. Drove to work with the engine light flashing by the time i reached work the engine light went away with roughness gone too, however, the ESP off stayed illuminated even though i tried turning it on/off did not work.

To reset the system i unplugged the battery and started the car again at work and things were fine, now I am a bit worried why the light was flashing and disappeared would I have caused any harm to the motor with flashing engine light???

Any suggestions or solutions will be really appreciated guys...
Mine has started the same. I did the batt reset but now it wont clear at all.

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
Another vote for the battery on the way out. My SV6 would throw abs faults and my SS had a crank angle sensor code along with the rough idle and engine light like the original post. Both were fixed by replacing the batteries as they were having trouble starting and needing to be jumped after a few days of sitting. They still had the original batteries in them from factory at 8 or 9 years old for both...

Timmaay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS
I had a very similar fault with my VE, I used an ELM327 bluetooth scan tool ($6.00 off eBay) and Torque light (Free) app, it told me I had a misfire on number 6. Long story short, I ended up replacing that injector, so far it's running sweet, no engine light and rough idle gone

Chappy's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Ok Borrowed a Tester, discovered po202 Cylinder 2 injector open circuit. I believe c 2 is front drivers side. wonder if injector 2 has Rip.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 WM STATESMAN
Ok Borrowed a Tester, discovered po202 Cylinder 2 injector open circuit. I believe c 2 is front drivers side. wonder if injector 2 has Rip.

P0202 indicates that the ECM has detected a malfunction for the cylinder 2 injector circuit. The code is set once the ECM detects out-of-range voltage or resistance. The malfunction causes the ECM to set a Check Engine Light and may enter into failsafe mode. This failsafe mode is to protect the vehicle from further damage.

Chappy's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
P0202 indicates that the ECM has detected a malfunction for the cylinder 2 injector circuit. The code is set once the ECM detects out-of-range voltage or resistance. The malfunction causes the ECM to set a Check Engine Light and may enter into failsafe mode. This failsafe mode is to protect the vehicle from further damage.
Thx, injector 2 had an open circuit failure. Swapped it with cylinder 1 fault followed injector

satbeginner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk group iii
i had this happened and it was my tyre pressure pumped them up and all good. .check your wheel sensors as well

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Sounds exactly what happened to my 08 Calais Wagon this morning. Rough idle, no rattles just stumbling over itself, engine light on and esp off light illuminated also.
The fix in your case was a faulty injector?
Also assuming given your name is chappys ss it's a V8?