Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light flashing / ESP off / Miss firing / Rough Idle

baldy-calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Sounds exactly what happened to my 08 Calais Wagon this morning. Rough idle, no rattles just stumbling over itself, engine light on and esp off light illuminated also.
The fix in your case was a faulty injector?
Also assuming given your name is chappys ss it's a V8?
#2 injector I bet!

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Ok, so got the car checked up with the OBD2 and no codes found, however, the O2 sensor were found off, other than that every things fine. Battery voltages fluctuating around 14.5 - 14.7. I reckon it was bad fuel as i finished the old fuel and topped it with BP 85 octane she is smooth as silk now...

Might change the O2 sensors, thanks guys for sharing thoughts and ideas, appreciated...

How can your O2 Sensors be "off" but there's no codes. I think your mechanic is telling you some lies. Did they read live data with engine on or just tredt to read DTC?

However, It is a good to change your 02 sensors every 100,000km or so.

In future try not to drive the car when there is a misfire. It could damage the catalytic converters

The flashing engine light is usually more serious than it just being on.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
#2 injector I bet!
Close, was injector #6 Hahaha also got the spark plugs done at the same time as I don't think they'd ever been changed, now with the injectors flushed and new plugs it's running sweet as a nut.