Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light on after fitting new throttle body

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Fitted a 70mm TB to my VP V6 other day and hooked all the sensors etc etc up and it started fine getting up to 1500rpm before nearly stalling and settling into an average idle with engine light on. The car hesitates when going from a standing start then lunges forward and very jolty when on hwy speeds if you get off the gas then put your foot back on, gives a clunk so could be diff or drive train. I was thinking sensors or something for engine light, has anyone had the same prob fitting TB's?

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
The engine warning light goes off after started but when it nearly stalls it comes on. I'll look at changing the sensors over off old TB first as one that came with the bored out TB had a piece broken off but did not stop the plug from clipping in. So the car book has these codes to know what is wrong after you read the flashing sequence?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
try a search in google for code 22 tps fault its in these foroumns (a full list of codes)
tps controls engine signal for amount of throttle AND auto trans signal for LOAD (tps signal does both)
so if a bits missing of the sensor i would try another one
if the CONNECTOR is damaged may need a wreckers one cut off the loom then SOLDER it onto your engine loom in-place of the dodgy one.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
as db_notso said, it is most likely the tps sensor. the way your talking about whats happening with your car, i would be 99% sure its tps. swap it over with your old one and it should fix it buddy :thumbsup:

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Thanks for the replys will get around to changing sensors around one day. Are the V8 and V6 sensors the same coz i don't know the difference, that could have different effects right?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
hmmm tough one i think the v8 sensor is a different reading at full throttle due to different size throttle bore
could be wrong here though (memory work damn it!)

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
nah mate, v8's and v6's all the same tps sensor :thumbsup:

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
true that like i said a bit of a BRAIN SCRACHER!~

i had a feeling that the throttles had a different MAXIMUM openeing but there you go i guess!~

will keep that in mind next time testing a tps (ill just swap v6 to v8 as i have worksshop spare!~)