Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light on - Car seens fine tho?

paddingtontv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE WAGON 06
What about a better quality battery or higher current rating battery. I got a NRMA battery, cost $180 3yr with warranty, I beleave its a higher current rating. But the next morning it was flat had to call NRMA again for a jump start, I do not know what happen? I might have left the side lights on over night? but I think there should have turn off after I left the car? I lost all the CPU setting after that, I had go for a drive to recharge the battery it was raving over a 1000 rev. So I disconnect the neg lead on the battery, tried it a hour later all was OK

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
as the op has asked can he change his coolant himself in the driveway-yes, just make sure you flush and bleed system properly-there's a how to on here somewhere for you to follow

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
My engine light came on last night after I'd been replacing the low-beam lights with HID upgrades. I think it was because to gain access to the passengers side I had to remove the air box and in doing so I disconnected the MAF sensor (I think this is what it is) and forgot to connect back up after I took the car for a 'check'. Now the Check Engine light is on.

Car drives fine. No the 'piss off' is have the light reset, which will no doubt cost me. :mad:

done that with mine i just dced the battery for a min then put it bak on light was gone