Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light on

Starkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2011 Nitrate
My engine light is on 2 days after changing from a twin 3inch cat back to a stock cat back?
Car is also due for a service, does the engine ligh come on at service time or will it be because of the exhaust change?

Any help would be great.

Ps I did search but its seems most went the other way.

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
It would be your exhaust. When its a service it should come up with a service reminder before you start you car

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Starkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2011 Nitrate
so is it just the computer learning different parameters? and if i reset will be all good? or should I take it in to Holden

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
If you changed your cats, its picking up more flow through the cats. The mechanic can remove the code if he has a scanner but it will come back again, if you ever tune your car they can remove that code so it never pops up again

Starkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2011 Nitrate
It only had an Xforce cat back and I changed it back to stock, no cat change or manifolds.

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
Could be your O2 sensors where they plug into your exhaust after the cats, could be knackered or maybe loose... worth a look I guess