Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
Just an update - tested the voltage of the connector that plugs into the coolant temperature sensor and it reads at 3.6 volts when it should be 5 volts. The connector is clean and not rusty. Still no idea what the problem is. Now checking the TPS throttle position sensor.

Last edited:

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
replace the CTS they are cheap enough,

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
You can with the right tool.
Hi losh the right tool is a "tech 2 " isnt it ? Ive tryed finding one on various sites and have had no joy. But then i may have been looking for the wrong thing ? And even if I could find one for sale i imagine that its a computer program or some large complexe piece of workshop equipment that isnt so easy to use as an OBD2 reader.?
Richrever01

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi losh the right tool is a "tech 2 " isnt it ? Ive tryed finding one on various sites and have had no joy. But then i may have been looking for the wrong thing ? And even if I could find one for sale i imagine that its a computer program or some large complexe piece of workshop equipment that isnt so easy to use as an OBD2 reader.?
Richrever01
Envious Customs sell a program that you use with a laptop, its called Advanced Engine Diagnostics. It's better than a OBD2 tool which you can't use anyway. Any smaller scan tool will set you back well over $2k as it will be a Snapon or similar.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Envious Customs sell a program that you use with a laptop, its called Advanced Engine Diagnostics. It's better than a OBD2 tool which you can't use anyway. Any smaller scan tool will set you back well over $2k as it will be a Snapon or similar.
Wowa Good thing i dont do pootering good . And at 2k i think ill just keep spining the bottle.
End of bottle. Sleep.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just an update - tested the voltage of the connector that plugs into the coolant temperature sensor and it reads at 3.6 volts when it should be 5 volts. The connector is clean and not rusty. Still no idea what the problem is. Now checking the TPS throttle position sensor.

From the Holden VS Service Manual:

1610608248399.png