Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light p0420 p0430

Jake96

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute v6
Hey guys need some help/advise.
Just bought a 08 ve from a dealership about 3 weeks ago and 5 days later got check engine light warning, took it to there mechanic scanned it and p0420 and p0430 came up catylist bank 1 and bank 2 below efficiency they replaced o2 sensors code came back up 4 days later there now saying they spoke to there exhaust shop guy and he reckons because it has aftermarket exhaust system too much air is flowing threw and causing the engine light so they've put restrictors in to stop so much air flowing threw and sure enough the codes have come back up yet again. The car is starting to use more fuel and have a rough idle. Have read on forums and people are saying to replace the cat gaskets or replace the cats themselves or have the car tuned? I'm confused and pissed off at the fact I am having to drive over half an hour out of my way every 4 or 5 days to have nothing solve the problem, not having to pay a cent tho as it's under stat warranty but it seems like there trying to avoid replacing the cats and trying to drag it out till the stat warranty ends and say it's not there problem anymore. Any advise? Anyone had these codes and know what fixed them? Cheers

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
What made you purchase a vehicle with an aftermarket exhaust on it, may I ask?

Is it legal EPA wise?